Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Erste Post

If you're reading this, you must already know that this is my travel blog! Since I'm not much of a writer, I think that I'll mostly post pictures and some short descriptions of what's going on in the pictures and of what's new. Although I'm tempted to write this blog in German and probably will throw ein paar deutsches Satz out here, I'll try to refrain from showing off my shoddy language skills too much.

Anyways, I've been in Munich since Sunday and would first like to say that it is wonderful. I had a bit of trouble actually getting here, but I would easily go through that trouble again if just for Kaufinger Strasse (a central street with no cars and lots of fresh food and beer to be sold, also very old buildings). I didnt get any pictures, but I'll be going back for sho'.

After we went through Kaufinger Strasse on Monday, I walked with a few other Students to the English Garden, which is similar to Central Park, but with a beer garden in the middle. This beer garden is centered around a big "Chinese Tower", which is a pagoda that you can climb up. On the way there, we crossed MaximilliansBrücke, a bridge. Here goes a few pictures (I'm also not much of a photographer, either)

View from MaximilliansBrücke^

At the beer garden by the Chinese Tower^


Der englische Garten^

And also, the next day, we had a visit to the Olympic park,



which has a very nice view of the city:

(Sonntag im Park mit Jörg?)

And also that day we went to the BMW museum, which drew much inspiration from the Apple store, but maybe the other way around. However, there were many cars and motorcycles:



Proof I am alive and goofy^

Bis Später!

No comments:

Post a Comment